You asked: “Is La Casa near my university?”
The answer: “Yes!”
La Casa Student Housing is located in the heart of the Pilsen neighborhood just minutes away from all major universities in the Chicago area.
CLICK HERE to view a map of La Casa and surrounding universities.
Undoubtedly, your commute to college will be easy to plan. Students who live at La Casa have easy access to all major highways, the 18th Street stop on the CTA Pink Line, and other public transportation.
As you begin to think about living at La Casa, know that you will become a member of Pilsen - one of the most lively and colorful communities in Chicago.
CLICK HERE to take a tour of Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
• Just 3 miles from downtown Chicago and well-served by rail transit, public transportation, and highways
• Pilsen is lined with murals, historic brick houses and two-flats, and flower beds
• The name Pilsen is derived from Pizen, a city in Bohemia
• Pilsen has been a port-of-entry community for more than 130 years
• In the 19th century, the area was populated by immigrants from Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic
• Since 1950, Pilsen has been populated predominantly by Hispanics
• Public art is an integral part of the character of Pilsen
For more answers to your questions, don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me at:
Director of La Casa Student Housing
312-666-1323 Ext. 2400
P.S. The top 10 video responses for the La Casa Scholarship Contest will be selected today at 5:00PM CST! See video responses HERE.